[ic] need help with server errors and dummy_database code

NOW Website Coordinator webperson at now.org
Mon Oct 6 16:06:14 EDT 2003

Using <http://www.icdevgroup.org/>Interchange 4.9.8-200309210658 and the
Admin UI dies regularly with a 500 server error.  The log shows:

[06/October/2003:18:01:14 -0400] store
/cgi-bin/store/admin/export_table.html Died in server spawn: Can't call
method "new" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Data.pm line 751.

The code in question seems to be:

sub dummy_database {
         my ($name, $data);
     while (($name,$data) = each %{$Vend::Cfg->{Database}}) {
                 if (defined $Vend::Cfg->{SaveDatabase}{$name}) {
                         $Vend::Database{$name} =
$Vend::Cfg->{SaveDatabase}{$name};
                         next;
                 }
                 my $class = $db_config{$data->{Class}}->{Class};
                 $Vend::Database{$name} =
line 751 -->                                new $class ($data);
         }
         update_productbase();
}

I'm assuming from this thread:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg10945.html

that the problem is IC is looking for a database it can't find.  I don't
know which one it can't find.

This error happens a lot in the Admin UI -- particularly on table export or
if I try and click on multi-table export.

Still can't get the options table to work -- not sure if that's related.

I've seen some suggestions about not using RPC mode -- but I'm using that
because I was having PGP random errors, and was told that would fix it (and
it did).

Any help would be very very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.