[ic] Very wierd stuff on demo site using latest IE

DB DB at m-and-d.com
Thu Oct 9 23:43:56 EDT 2003

> I'm running Win2k with the latest patches. When I visit the icdevgroup
> website, the dropdown menus at the top don't work (they work ok when I
> use a recent Mozilla).
>
> Also using IE, when I go to the 4.9.8 live demo and try to buy
> something, the checkout page acts goofy. Credit Card is selcted for
> Payment Method, but there's nowhere to enter the credit card
> information. But there is a place to enter a PO number ??
>
> It can't be just me.... can others verify the wierdness?
>
> DB

OK maybe it can be just me. It works ok from work, but at home it
appears to be a problem with my installation of Java. If I load the live
demo's admin UI and try to edit a page's cantents, IE shows me following
error when I open the little "page error" icon in the lower left:

Line: 626
Char: 2
Error: 'undefined' is undefined

I've installed various versions of Sun and M$ Java in the past and may
well have broken something, but I've so far been unable to fix it so
would welcome any advice even though this is not an IC problem

DB