[ic] required checked checkbox in checkout

Jürgen R. Plasser plasser at hexagon.at
Mon Oct 13 11:36:14 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have some simple question but I can't figure out how to manage it.

I want the customer (when checking out) to check a checkbox for agreeing to
the general terms and conditions which must be checked (required) to
checkout. I have done some entries in the etc/profiles.order file (as
described in the docs) but that only works for all other fields (text,
select, ...) not for checkboxes (?).

Is there a way to tell the system to check if a checkbox is checked?

I have tried to use a javascript (what I don't prefer at all) but stumbled
on the place-order-[button]-tag , where I did not know how to incorporate
an onClick javascript (the button tag itself creates an onClick; "extra"
attribute works but then the default onClick is not working):

[button
name="mv_click"
src="__IMAGE_DIR__/__THEME__/placeorder.gif"
text="Place Order"
hidetext=1
form=checkout
]