[ic] search results, automatically showing all categories of prod_group

Jürgen R. Plasser plasser at hexagon.at
Mon Oct 13 19:24:40 EDT 2003

I have the following menu structure in my shop:

prod_group1

    +----------- category1

    +----------- category2

    +----------- category3

prod_group2

    +----------- category1

    +----------- category2

Instead of the foundation shop the customer can click the product groups
to. He then gets all products in this specific group.

My problem:
I want to show all categories related to this product group on the top of
the page:

(when customer selected prod_group1):

[category1] [category2] [category3]

Then there are following the items in the form:

prod_group : category1
======================
  item 1
  item 2
  item 3 ...

prod_group : category2
======================
  item 1
  item 2
  item 3 ...

The titles are links (prod_group links to the same page again and categoryX
are links to all products of this category). In the detail view of an
article I have the same title construction.

My first solution was to patch the barlink code (the product groups are
coded in the menus as [box-exec bar_link]area[/box-exec]) to provide the
code of the area table, so I can query the cat table with this code. The
problem is, that all other links in the titles are done by the page-tag
which simply does not provide this area-code.

How can this be done in a simple manner?

Jürgen