[ic] Basket empty on checkout with Netscape 7.1

David Etheredge cpu.dave at att.net
Mon Oct 13 21:10:31 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: David Etheredge
To: David Etheredge
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 8:02 PM
Subject: [ic] Basket empty on checkout with Netscape 7.1

Quoting David Etheredge (cpu.dave at att.net):

http://paradevices.com/~paradevi/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/ord/basket.html?id=SMPAfvnu&mv_pc=1

http://paradevices.com/~paradevi/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/ord/basket.html?id=IPaZbVG6&mv_pc=1

> ...  the new id is re-displayed in basket.html with the correct items.
> When checkout is clicked again, the user is sent to the checkout page with
> an empty cart.

Because there are not two periods in the domain, the cookie is probably
not being set properly.

You should never use a domain like http://paradevices.com/ on any site
that expects to set cookies. It doesn't work with all browsers by a long
shot.

Also, it looks like this is a catalog using CPANEL, which is likely to
create tons of problems of its own. Note that we specifically DO NOT
support Interchange connected via CPANEL. If you have any further
questions, please contact your ISP.

--
Mike Heins

Thanks Mike,

but: from
http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/documentation.html?document=icfaq&id=Qrm2cBmT
linking to http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfaq09.03

[ This URL:
[
[   <A HREF="http://yourcatalog.com/cgi-in/yourcat/sp_offer?mv_pc=Source1";>
[       Special offer!&lt;/A>
[ will yield Source1 from the Interchange tag [data session source].

Which is what I am trying to accomplish for one.

So how do I accomplish both?

Dave