[ic] Perl Threading

doug1 at ultimatepassage.com doug1 at ultimatepassage.com
Wed Oct 15 08:57:53 EDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, DB wrote:

> >> Quoting cfm at maine.com (cfm at maine.com):
>
> <snip>
>
> > I thought about switching to the latest Slackware, but would prefer not to,
> > since I know where most of the Redhat config files are located, not to
> > mention RHN updates & upgrades is a feature we like.
> <snip>
>
> Slackware 9.1 includes a package called swaret which makes updates and
> upgrades as easy as up2date. It can be installed into older versions of
> Slack as well. Slackware and IC play very well together.
>
> DB
>
> > Thanks for the insight.
> >
> > Steve Graham

As a devout gentoo user, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that
gentoo also plays nicely with IC as well.

I switched from redhat last year and although things are a little
different with gentoo, such as the location of the conf files,  I found
the overall configuration easier to manage.  The gentoo user community
rocks and keeping your system current with the latest security patches is
trivial