[ic] UserDB outboard

Paul Vinciguerra pvinci at vinciguerra.com
Wed Oct 15 13:44:37 EDT 2003

I have spent some time trying to get the following code from the
documentation to work:

UserDB  outboard  <<EOF
            b_fname=billing::first_name,
            b_lname=billing::last_name,
            b_address1=billing::address1,
            b_address2=billing::address2,
                b_etc=billing::etc
EOF

This format is also referred to in the archives, but I was never able to get
it to work.  After some digging, I came across the userDB catalog
configuration document which indicated that a profile, either default or
admin was needed.  I have tested the following and it works.

UserDB default outboard  <<EOF
b_fname=billing::first_name,
b_lname=billing::last_name,
b_address1=billing::address1,
b_address2=billing::address2,
b_etc=billing::etc
EOF

Hopefully this can help someone from duplicating my efforts.

-Paul