[ic] loading products into Foundation store

john mcdonnell johnmcd at sonic.net
Sun Oct 19 00:46:25 EDT 2003

I'm entering all of our store products into a MySQL database,
in advance of setting up an Interchange store.
At that point we expect to use paid expertise,
but for now I've got to take a lot of photographs and key in hundreds of items,
so I want to make sure that the data ends up in a useable format.
Some questions:

For economy, I'd like my products table to match field-for-field the table
created by
products.sql , however, I need to store some additional product details and
vendor info for each product, maybe five more fields.
Where in Interchange would that info be stored?
Would it require modifying the Foundation store?

Here's my database structure, would this easily import into Interchange
Foundation?

CREATE TABLE `products` (
   `sku` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
   `description` varchar(128) NOT NULL default 'NEW',
   `title` varchar(128) NOT NULL default 'NEW',
   `template_page` varchar(64) default NULL,
   `comment` text,
   `thumb` varchar(128) default NULL,
   `image` varchar(64) default NULL,
   `price` decimal(12,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
   `category` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
   `prod_group` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
   `nontaxable` char(3) default NULL,
   `weight` varchar(12) NOT NULL default '0',
   `size` varchar(96) default NULL,
   `color` varchar(96) default NULL,
   `gift_cert` char(3) default '0',
   `related` text,
   `featured` varchar(32) default NULL,
   `extra_field_1`  varchar(50) default '0',
   `extra_field_2` varchar(50) default '0',
   `extra_field_3` varchar(50) default '0',
   `extra_field_4` varchar(50) default '0',
   `extra_field_5`  varchar(50) default '0',
   PRIMARY KEY  (`sku`),
   KEY `idx_cat` (`category`),
   KEY `title` (`title`),
   KEY `price` (`price`),