[ic] Debian, threaded perl, the usual.

cfm at maine.com cfm at maine.com
Tue Oct 21 18:22:06 EDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 04:38:50PM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Cameron G (ritontor at icenet.com.au):
> > For the record,
> >
> > server1:/usr/lib/interchange# grep -r "bin/perl" * | wc -l
> >      39
> >
> > That looks like 39 places I'm going to need to change the IC source in order
> > to get it to play with a different perl. Is there an easier way of going
> > about this? I'm not scared of a different perl on my machine, but I really
> > want it to be a separate one just for IC. There isn't by any chance some
> > magic directive somewhere that tells IC which perl to use? :D
> >
> > Oh, I just had a thought - maybe it asks which perl during the tarball
> > install? I've not done one in a goodly amount of time, I have been playing
> > dpkg with the .deb files.
>
> All you have to do is:
>
> 	/whatever/your/path/perl Makefile.PL
>
> It should go from there.

Bear in mind that the modules are still under the control of the package
manager.  If you really want it to be a 'separate perl' you need to pay
attention to them and build them in such a way that your @INC does not
overlap with that provided by the package manager but still provides
everything IC needs.  I'd suggest your 'interchange' user build its
own perl in its own home directory complete with all the modules.

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                               cfm at maine.com