[ic] IC/RH9 IC Server won't start - Please Help

AS news1 at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Oct 24 23:52:42 EDT 2003

> Hi all,
>
> Hoping someone can help me out here, I have a clean install of RH9 on
my
> machine for development, I have tried loading the non threaded perl
rpm
> from the ftp site as well.
>
> I tried to load interchange but it kept complaining about missing perl
> modules (even after installing the non-threaded rpm).
>
> I then tried loading the individual perl rpms that it was moaning
about
> but some of those wouldn't install because of perl conflicts.
>
> At this point I did a --nodeps install of
IC/foundation/foundation-demo.

----
>From your shell type perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'
This will install the required perl modules

Scott
----
Hi,

Well I tried that and lots of things flashed past on the screen, in the
meantime I had done a manual removal of the Perl5 directory and manual
install of the kitchinsink perl5 file from the rh9 ftp directory.

When I http to foundation I still can't get past the first screen, I
still get the server not running message. Things look different now when
I try to restart the server, it says:-

The interchange server was not running
Low traffic settings
Interchange v4.8.7
Configuring catalog foundation....Using Default DBM database....done

I have also tried doing a re-install without --nodeps and it is still
complaining about missing perl modules.

What can I do next, I can provide telnet access if anyone wants a look?

Thanks,
Andy.