[ic] Receipt.html and URL Parameters

Gary Norton gnorton at broadgap.com
Tue Oct 28 11:30:42 EST 2003

Ed,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I am having trouble articulating the question.

Their system runs a small generic JavaScript that I have embedded into the
Template pages so that it is available on every page. It sends the URL of
each page to their real-time engine.

This engine builds its reports based on the occurrence of particular URLS.
However the receipt.html shows up process.html and it is messing up their
stats. Process.html appears far more frequently than the Receipt page is
delivered.

So I need to come up with a way to change the URL so that their parser knows
when somebody arrives at the receipt.html page.

If the receipt.html page was displayed as any other name than process.html
it would work.

I figured that the page name could stay Process.html as long as I added a
URL parameter such as ?finished=1 or something like that.

Does that clarify things a bit?

-Gary