[ic] my categories on the left side of the page disapeared!

Paul Vinciguerra pvinci at vinciguerra.com
Tue Sep 2 18:44:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:53:28 -0400, Eduard Vallvé wrote
> Where do I find this code? I'm a total newbie at this. Your help is
> appreciated.
>
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:27:03 -0400, Eduard Vallve wrote
> > Hi, my categories on the left side of the page disapeared, and I
> > can't seem to get them back, please help. Now it displays the actual
> > products
> >
> > Thanks
>
> If you look at the category_vertical component, you will see the
> following code.
>
> [if !scratch found_cat]
> [loop
>     search="
>         ra=yes
>         tf=description
>     "
>     ]
>       &nbsp;&nbsp;[page [loop-code]][loop-field description]</a><BR>
> [/loop]
> [/if]
>
> This scratch variable is set if there are items in the area table to
> loop through.

I'm sorry. You just need to look at it to see why it is that way.

It prints out the items if there are no records in the area table.  You need
to rebuild  the area and cat tables.  You can do this in Version 4.9.8 in the
admin under Miscellaneous Functions >> Legacy Tools >> Layout Editor
Auto-populate