[ic] Download not authorized: set_file_acl sporadic

Martin Abell abellmt at spsp.net
Wed Sep 3 08:29:51 EDT 2003

There have been several comments/questions about why downloads don¹t get
authorized in the userdb with the use of the userdb function in the
receipt.html:
            [userdb
                    function=set_file_acl
                    mode="expire 7 days"
                    location="[item-code]"
            ]
I haven't seen the solution though.  Has anyone discovered a combination of
circumstances that make this unreliable?

I'm using IC 4.8.1 on RedHat 8 with mysql userdb.  Sometimes logged in,
other times not, but no real pattern I can see.

Martin Abell
SpeedSpan.