[ic] (no subject)

F irfin firfin at earthling.net
Wed Sep 3 08:38:39 EDT 2003

Hi fellow ic-users,

I got -i think- a small problem that i dont know how to fix. Something minor i think. I'm using some code for upload (from the archives. File uploading works fine. I have only one problem the file gets saved under a static name.
This means that when a new file gets uploaded, the old one gets clobbered.
I've tried using the value-tag with the filename after the outfile= to dynamically define the name but that doesnt work (value doesnt get interpreted as a tag.
I also tried a bit of perl to try and rename the static name to something but that doesn't seems to do anything ... at all.
This i sprobably because perl is running in safe mode. Is it wise to make perl run 'unsafe', how would i do that (as a last resort off course)

Basically the question is:
How do i save a (uploaded) file to a non-static filename?

This is the code i use atm:
test.html
[if type=explicit compare="[value-extended
    name=uploaded_file
    test=isfile
]"]
[then]
<PRE>
   Uploaded file name: [value-extended name=uploaded_file]
   zonder extended naam : [value name=uploaded_file]
   zonder name=         : [value uploaded_file]

   Is newfile a file? [value-extended name=uploaded_file yes=Yep no=Nope test=isfile]
   Write with indication: [value-extended name=uploaded_file
                               outfile= upl/uploaded.outfile  <--------------------------This i want to change
                               yes="Written."
                               no=FAILED]
   </PRE>

   [perl] rename "upl/uploaded.outfile" , [value uploaded_file] [/perl]
[/then]
[else]
    [tmp result][L]No file upload was specified.[/L][/tmp]
[/else]
[/if]
[scratch result]

form.html:
<form action="[process-target]" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <input type="hidden" name="mv_session_id" value="[data session id]">
    <input type="hidden" name="mv_todo" value="return">
    <input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage" value="@@MV_PAGE@@">

    [L]File to upload[/L]:
    <input type="file" name="uploaded_file">

    <input type="submit" name="mv_check" value="[L]Upload file[/L]">
</form>

[set [L]Upload file[/L]]
    mv_nextpage=test
[/set]