[ic] Donation: FedEx Ship Manager tag

Chris Wenham cwenham at synesmedia.com
Thu Sep 4 16:15:07 EDT 2003

 While working on a customer's Interchange site I developed some code for
integrating FedEx's Ship Manager system. It's a wrapper around
Business::FedEx::DirectConnect, but you can use it to query shipping prices
(drop-in replacement for [fedex-query]), and obtain tracking numbers and
printable labels.

 This was done as Work-For-Hire for Jason Gold and Hi Profile Productions,
Inc., but I've obtained permission from the customer to donate the code to
the community under the GPL. It still needs some work, particularly to get
International shipping functioning seamlessly, but we're pretty confident
that domestic addresses with most FedEx service types will work.

 FedEx has some hoops they want you to go through before they grant you access
to their Ship Manager server, but there are full details in the
documentation. The short story is: using Ship Manager is free, you just need
a FedEx account number and some patience to go through their certification
process.

 The tags can be downloaded at:

http://www.synesmedia.com/twiki/bin/view/Cyc/FedExShipManager

 This, of course, is Use-At-Own-Risk software.

Regards,
--
Chris Wenham
Synesmedia - www.synesmedia.com