[ic] Date selector widget not passing form data

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Sat Sep 6 17:32:31 EDT 2003

From: "Sam Batschelet" <batschelet at exactasphere.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] Date selector widget not passing form data

>Quoting Sam Batschelet (batschelet at exactasphere.com)
> > Ok this is an odd little bug because when I fresh installed 4.9.8
> > (yesterday)
> > I could of sworn that the date widget worked correctly.
> >
> > Here is the problem: reference URL www.tgdesigns.net  Interchange is
> > creating the following form information for the date selector
> > widget but all other widgets seem to work correctly.  By widget I mean
the
> > html form selection option for product options under simple options.
> > ex item page 00005.html (I left out the other options for sake of space)
> >
> > Code:
> > <input type=hidden name="mv_item_option" value="date">
> > <SELECT NAME="mv_order_date"><OPTION VALUE="01">January</OPTION>
> >
> > but this value is wrong Code:
> > value="date"
> >
> > It should read Code:
> > value="date0"
> >
> > well atleast i tried it and it works, by this I took the source code for
> > the page changed the value and pressed the buy now button. Otherwise the
date
> > information resets itself to the default
> >
> > Then when you are in the cart the info form data reads
> >
> > Code:
> > <input type=hidden name="mv_item_option" value="date"><SELECT
> > NAME="date0"><OPTION VALUE="01">January</OPTION>
> >
> > and Checkout.html reads and will not accept the date info from the cart
> >
> > Code:
> > <FONT size=1><input type=hidden name="mv_item_option"
value="date"><SELECT
> > NAME="date0"><OPTION VALUE="01">January</OPTION>
> >
> > Its crazy the form layout that interchange is creating is wrong (I
Think)
> >how can i fix this
> > myself i looked around for info pertaining to the date widget but no
luck so
>> far. What could of changed in the configuration to make this happen.
> >Please Help

> I did a little more research and found the widget.coretag file which
appears
> to setup the html information for the options see snip below.  But the
date
> option is the only widget that appears to not pass the proper information
so
> I think I'm looking for something a little more specific any ideas.
>
> *************widget.coretag snip*************
> my $w = Vend::Form::display($ref);
>    if($opt->{filter}) {
>       $w .= qq{<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="ui_filter:$name" VALUE="};
>       $w .= $opt->{filter};
>       $w .= '">';
> *************widget.coretag snip*************
>
> Example of my options table
>
>       code sku o_group o_sort o_default o_label o_value o_widget
>       100022 00003 date   Delivery Date date= date
>

> -Sam

Can Anyone steer me in the right direction here all I am looking for is the
configuration that will allow me to use the date selector as a form option
in simple options.  Every other form option works (select, check box etc)
and will pass info from the item to the cart and to checkout.  Any help on
this would be greatly appreciated.  I tried upgrading to the nightly build
and it still doesn't work with the foundation demo.  Thanks for your time in
advance!

-Sam