Problem Solved!! Re: [ic] about the third menu

cui yuming cui_yuming at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:36:58 EDT 2003

>From: Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com>
>To: cui yuming <cui_yuming at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [ic] about the third menu
>Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 11:10:30 -0400
>
>Quoting cui yuming (cui_yuming at hotmail.com):
> > >From: Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com>
> > >To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
> > >Subject: Re: [ic] about the third menu
> > >Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 09:40:32 -0400
> > >
> > >Quoting cui yuming (cui_yuming at hotmail.com):

> > menus,but a
Include
> > on
> > third
> > >
> > >I don't think this kind of textual description can help much without
> > >some context. Either a step-by-step description of how to duplicate
> > >or the include/menus text file would help.
> > >

> > Mike:
> > Thanks for your response!
> > Sorry for my carelessness!
> > the second level menu text:
> > ui_class=News,the News.txt is so:
> > code    mgroup  msort   next_line       indicator       exclude_on
> > depends_on      page    form    name    super   inactive
description
> >    help_name       img_dn  img_up  img_sel img_icon        url
member
> > 001     News    x001                                    admin/news
> >    News list               0
> > 002     News    x002                            item_id
> > code: [cgi item_id]             0
> > 003     News    x003            ui_new_item
> > admin/news_edit ui_new_item=1   Create new news         0
> >

> > the third level menu text:
> > third_menu=Department,the Department.txt is so:
> > code    mgroup  msort   next_line       indicator       exclude_on
> > depends_on      page    form    name    super   inactive
description
> >    help_name       img_dn  img_up  img_sel img_icon        url
member
> > 001     Dept    x001                                    admin/dept
> >    Dept list               0
> > 002     Dept    x002                            item_id
> > code: [cgi item_id]             0
> > 003     Dept    x003            ui_new_item
> > admin/dept_edit ui_new_item=1   Create new Dept         0
> >
> > what i want is when edit a record,the '002' menu can be
up(highlighted),it
> > will show code:[cgi item_id],it seem that the menu named sku:"3303"
will be
> > showed and up when i edit a product(whose sku is 3303) in the item
editor.

> > Now,if the menu(002) is at the second level,it will be showed and up
> > normally,if the menu(002) is at the third level,it will be showed but
not
> > up.
> >
> > Both menus whose code are 002,have the same property.
> >
> > So why?
>
>These are not valid files (your mailer wrapped them, and the tabs are
>spaces).
>
>Did you try setting indicator?
>
>--
>Mike Heins
>Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
>phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>
>
>Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.
>-- Wernher Von Braun
HI,Mike
Thank you very much!!
I have tried setting that indicator as you said,and the problem was solved.
I set the Indicator Variable `$CGI->{item_id}`,so it's ok.
There are one point i want to say:
1.At the second level,i don't need to set that indicator variable.
  I set four properties for the menu at the 2nd level;
name:code: [cgi item_id];    options-lable only:checked; Menu Group:Dept;
Include on:item_id
  At the third level,I must add the Indicator Variable `$CGI->{item_id}`.
In fact, i am not very familiar with what the menu's properties mean.
But now,the ic menu looks so beautiful and pretty.

cym