[ic] admin permissions

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Sep 8 01:40:24 EDT 2003

Quoting Paul Vinciguerra (pvinci at vinciguerra.com):
> I'm somewhat confused about how IC determines whether or not a tab gets
> displayed in the admin.  I created a user that could only access four tables
> and set up the permissions.  When logged in as that user, only the tables tab
> displays, this is good.
>
> Upon clicking the tab, the list of accessable tables displays. This is good.
>
> Upon clicking on a tablename, I enter the table editor with all the tabs-
> edit-Import-Export-Spreadsheet-Search/Replace-DirectSQL-New Entry-Reselect Table
> even though the user does not have access to the enderlying pages.
>
> Selecting one of those tabs yields a message:
>  The following error occurred:
> Sorry, no permission for page 'super'. Please correct and try again.
>
> I would like to find a way to extend the "display only if I have the
> underlying permissions" functionality to the lower level tabs in the menu.

Look at the parameters passed to the [menu ...] tag. The differing
one is:

	ui_security=depends_on

The list of permissions and the editor badly needs a rework. I think
that a proper ACL table is the way to go, or possibly an ACL built
out of a mv_metadata-style hash.

If you want to volunteer for the job, speak up. 8-)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

-- Wernher Von Braun