[ic] Newbie: Add new prodGroups and categories?

Chris Wenham cwenham at synesmedia.com
Tue Sep 9 10:57:03 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 09 September 2003 08:27, Jürgen R. Plasser wrote:
> But how can I add new product groups/categories that they can be selected
> in the "Create new item" administration page? Do I always have to enter new
> categories by hand in both fields (when I do that they can be selected for
> other new items)?

 It works better in reverse, actually.

 When you're entering products you should only have to manually type in the
product group and catagory once. Afterwards, it should automatically show up
in the drop-down list control for future products in the same group or
category.

 Once that's done, you can use the auto-populate tool to fill the "area" and
"cat" tables based on what it finds in the products table.

Regards,

--
Chris Wenham
Synesmedia - www.synesmedia.com