[ic] Form.pm date_widget

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Tue Sep 9 10:59:43 EDT 2003

At 08:37 PM 9/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>IC 4.9.8 MySql
>
>Form.pm Line 384 begins: sub date_widget which seems to be broken. Has
>anyone else expereinced problems with the date_selector widget and is there
>anything besides widget.coretag and form.pm that could be wrong that would
>cause the date selection selectable by the user via simple options, to not
>carry from the cart to checkout.  None of the combo boxs on a transferred
>pages have the option SELECTED in the tag.  Please help I can't get this
>resoved thank you in advance for you time.
>
>Sam

I can't vouch for 4.9.8, but I know that in 4.8.x I could not successfully
use a date widget with an item option without a hack. This is because the
widget collects and posts the date as mm/dd/yyyy, but internally it expects
the value to be formatted as yyyymmdd. There is a filter for this
conversion (I think it is called date_change or date_select) but the
options code did not automatically employ it anywhere, at least not in
version 4.8.x. So you may have to roll your own conversions for cart items.

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax