[ic] Behaviour associated with changing sku's.

Cameron G ritontor at icenet.com.au
Wed Sep 10 22:33:29 EDT 2003

> > IC 4.9.6 and mysql something.
> >
> > I've reorganised and added extra information to my products
> table, and
> > in the process shuffled around a few sku's. Something that
> springs to
> > mind as a result of this is: how will this affect past orders? I
> > notice that stored in the orderline table there are
> basically enough
> > details to display the old order in it's entirety, but the sku is
> > stored too. What sort of behaviour should I expect to see?
> >
> > Secondly, on one site that I have updated this product table, I've
> > notice that a [loop search] seems to be "caching" old results. The
> > sku's from before the change are still being returned on
> the loop, not
> > the new ones. The search is a very simple:
> >
> > [loop search="se=searchterm/sf=prod_group/tf=title,contains"]
> > Do stuff
> > [/lopp]
> >
> > type thing, yet it doesn't seem to have noticed the new
> products db.
> > And before you ask, yes, I did restart IC :) is this expected
> > behaviour, or am I missing something?
>
> Try exporting the products table if you have not.
>
> DB

Ah HAH! That worked. I've been trying to nut this out for hours now, to no
avail. I found that there was a bunch of products.txt.field_name files in
the products/ directory, all linked to various products.txt.(number) files.

Can someone explain to me why this works like this? The products I'd added
all appeared fine in the admin, but the page itself refused to work. Why
does something that is supposed to be talking directly to the db still need
these txt files in place? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of using a
db?