[ic] Echo Payment Module

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Thu Sep 11 10:50:25 EDT 2003

At 12:34 AM 9/11/2003 -0400, you wrote:

> > >    Does anyone know if any of the existing payment modules do both
> > > verifications ?  And if so which one(s).
> >
> > Looks like most of them do.  If you have shell access, in the
> > IC home directory try:
> >
> > grep -i avs lib/Vend/Payment/*
> >
> > Looks like ECHO.pm will provide an AVS response.  You may want
> > to look at it and consider customization if it does not meet your
> > needs.
> >
> > Aside from the payment module in the directory above, lib/Vend/Order.pm
> > and lib/Vend/Payment.pm are involved.  You can read through those
> > (like I did several times) if you really want to get down and dirty,
> > but making AVS work shouldn't be that difficult.  If anything, perhaps
> > just uncomment some of the logDebug lines and run in Debug mode to
> > see what goes back and forth between you and the payment gateway.
> >
> > Enabling it might be something you do in the payment gatway's
> > administrative interface (outside of IC).  Forgive me if I misread
> > your question, though -- I'm not up on ES vs EV.
> >
> > John Young
> >

>     Thanks for the response John.  Yes those codes take a bit memorizing
>which I haven't
>done either.  The ES is Authorization and Deposit and the EV additionally
>performs
>Address Verification in addition to credit card verification and deposit.
>
>     I have a feeling to turn on address verification will require some
>configuration change in
>IC but I couldn't find anything that discussed this.  I do have telnet
>(SSH) access and I have
>looked at ECHO.pm but didn't realize that Order.pm and Payment.pm were
>involved
>with each transaction along with ECHO.pm. The things I'm wondering about
>are...
>How to enable address verification in IC and if an address doesn't
>completely verify
>then will it automatically fail the transaction or can you let it slip
>by,,,
>
>     Any general insight or pointers to payment processing documentation
>appreciated.
>
>Jon

AVS is a function of the capabilities of your gateway provider and your
merchant account issuer, not Interchange. Payment.pm makes full customer
address info available to the individual payment modules and AFAIK they all
post those values to the gateway when authorizing the credit card.

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax