[ic] Inactive

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Mon Sep 22 12:49:02 EDT 2003

At 11:07 AM 9/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>On 9/22/03 10:01 AM, "Ed LaFrance" <edl at newmediaems.com> wrote:
>
> > At 09:06 AM 9/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >>  Can someone tell me why the following code may not be working?
> >>
> >> I'm trying to have it so that any product with the inactive field set
> to "1"
> >> doesn't show up. I was able to make it work when pulling from only one
> field
> >> but in the code below I'm pulling from two fields "Protective Gear" and
> >> "Accessories" and for some reason the inactive code isn't working.
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >>  [table-organize embed=1 pretty=1 cols="[control cols 2]"]
> >>     [loop
> >>         random="[control matches 2]"
> >>         search="
> >>
> >>         fi=products
> >>         st=db
> >>         sf=prod_group
> >>         se=Protective Gear
> >>         op=rm
> >>         nu=0
> >>
> >>         os=yes
> >>         sf=prod_group
> >>         se=Accessories
> >>         op=rm
> >>         nu=0
> >>
> >>         sf=inactive
> >>         se=0
> >>         op=ne
> >>         nu=0
> >
> > The above will find records with the inactive field not equal to 0. That is
> > the opposite of what you want, try changing your se=0 to an se=1
> >
> > - Ed
> >

>This still doesn't work for me. Below is some code that IS working and
>following that is the code that does not work. The only difference I see is
>that on the one that is not working I am pulling from two fields as opposed
>to one.

I can see that this will be a bugger to do with the interchange search
routines. Basically what you want todo is find all records where prod_group
equals 'Protective Gear' OR prod_group equals 'Accessories' AND inactive
does not equal '1' - with the first logical comparison happening before the
second.

I have found these kinds of searches to be quite difficult to get to work
consistently with the interchange search terms, though I won't be surprise
if Mike H. or someone else follows up on my post with a perfect working
example. But the bottom line is with SQL you've nearly got it just by
describing it:

[query
type=list
random="[control matches 2]"
sql="   select sku,description,price from products where
         (prod_group = 'Protective Gear'
         or
         prod_group = 'Accessories')
         and
         inactive <> '1'
         order by price * 1
"]
[list]
         [sql-code], [sql-param description], [sql-price]
[/list]
[/query]

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax