[ic] I would need some advice for building the perfect IC-server

Rene Hertell interchange at hertell.com
Tue Sep 23 14:16:04 EDT 2003

> If you're starting from scratch, consider Slackware. IC 4.8.7 and 4.9
> are very happy on a stock install of Slackware 9.0. No need to fool with
> Perl or anything else in my experience... the defaults are fine.

What about security updates? I'm used to RedHut, and the rpm-packaging
system.

There is also one other thing: My ISP runs all their servers on a RedHut
flavoured Linux, that means that if there is something that has to be done
on my machine, they know their way out quite well.

But I will try check out Slackware as soon as I find out what I have to
download :)

René