[ic] newbie w/ quick question.. i'm in a bad situation...

Brian Stechly bstechly at disk.com
Tue Sep 23 11:09:39 EDT 2003

Hello,

I came in to work monday morning only to find out that my boss was laid off.
So, all of his projects are dumped on me w/o knowing where he is at with
them .. etc

I have 2 issues with one of our customers sites that I need to resolve
a.s.a.p. and would appreciate any insight/help-

1) I need to make the email address field not mandatory.  Upon trying to
familiarize myself with interchange I found this in Order.pm:
sub _email {
 my($ref, $var, $val) = @_;
 if($val and $val =~ /^[\040-\176]+\@[-A-Za-z0-9.]+\.[A-Za-z]+$/) {
  return (1, $var, '');
 }
 else {
  return (undef, $var,
   errmsg( "'%s' not an email address", $val )
  );
 }
}

Which I understand is called to verify the email address data... can I just
modify this here or do I have to look elsewhere?  And once I make the
necessary changes, do I have to run restart?

and kind of OT...
2) Getting a verisign error:
Credit Card Information: Charge error: 104 Reason: Timeout waiting for
Processor response. Please call in your order or try again.(signio) Charge
failed, reason: Charge error: 104 Reason: Timeout waiting for Processor
response. Please call in your order or try again.

Any info is GREATLY appreciated!

Regards,
Brian