[ic] MySql sessions - expiring

Dorothy Puma dorothy at digilink.net
Thu Sep 25 12:04:08 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I have recently followed Dan Browning's instructions
(http://www.icdevgroup.org/~danb/ic_howto_cluster.html) for converting
over to MySql based sessions.  It works like a charm.  I checked the
archives and found a posting from Mike Heins
(http://developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2000/msg03202.html)
stating that he didn't know if the "expire" would work with this kind of
setup, but I didn't see any follow-ups to that.  Does anyone know how to
expire the sessions if running in mysql mode?  The sites that I just
moved over to this setup are very high traffic sites, and the databases
could get huge.

Thanks,
Dorothy