[ic] problem with interchange

Marc Brevoort marc.brevoort at armazemdedados.com
Fri Sep 26 10:06:03 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 17:03, Ewald Geschwinde wrote:
>       We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
> We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand. Please
> try again soon.

> there is also no error logging
In neither the catalog log and also not in /var/log/interchange?

I found 4.8.6 on our server has trouble starting up in case of database
trouble, for example if the database server (postgresql) is not running.
This causes it to use almost 100% CPU, which in turn gives the We're
sorry message. Could you run 'top' to see if this is the case?

Regards,

Marc Brevoort
e-mail:	marc.brevoort at armazemdedados.com
web:	http://www.armazemdedados.com

Armazem de Dados, Informatica, Lda
Dep. Desenvolvimento
Tel. +351 21 910 83 10 / Fax. +351- 21 910 83 19