[ic] problem with interchange

Geschwinde webmaster at geschwinde.net
Fri Sep 26 12:52:03 EDT 2003

Marc Brevoort wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 17:03, Ewald Geschwinde wrote:
>

>>      We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
>>We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand. Please
>>try again soon.
>>

>>there is also no error logging
>>

>In neither the catalog log and also not in /var/log/interchange?
>
>I found 4.8.6 on our server has trouble starting up in case of database
>trouble, for example if the database server (postgresql) is not running.
>This causes it to use almost 100% CPU, which in turn gives the We're
>sorry message. Could you run 'top' to see if this is the case?
>
>Regards,
>
>Marc Brevoort

No top is running normal

Is there something in the apache (http.conf) to change?

The cgi directory is set. Other cgi appas are running without problems

Is there a special makecat.cfg for the demo app?

One more question?
Catalog log file -> where do I set this.
I cannot see any log only for the catalog in the cfg files

Regards Ewald