[ic] problem with interchange

Geschwinde webmaster at geschwinde.net
Fri Sep 26 16:58:49 EDT 2003

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:52:03 +0200
>Geschwinde <webmaster at geschwinde.net> wrote:
>

>>Marc Brevoort wrote:

>>>In neither the catalog log and also not in /var/log/interchange?
>>>
>>>I found 4.8.6 on our server has trouble starting up in case of database
>>>trouble, for example if the database server (postgresql) is not running.
>>>This causes it to use almost 100% CPU, which in turn gives the We're
>>>sorry message. Could you run 'top' to see if this is the case?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Marc Brevoort
>>>

>>No top is running normal
>>
>>Is there something in the apache (http.conf) to change?
>>
>>The cgi directory is set. Other cgi appas are running without problems
>>

>Please read the FAQ first. Perhaps the file permissions are wrong.
>

>>Is there a special makecat.cfg for the demo app?
>>
>>One more question?
>>Catalog log file -> where do I set this.
>>I cannot see any log only for the catalog in the cfg files
>>

>Catalog log file is error.log in your catalog directory.
>
>Bye
>	Racke

Now I've changed the foundation to chmod 777

And I have the same warning.

and under debian I have the error.log from the catalog under

/var/lib/interchange/catalogs/foundation/error.log

and the error.log is 0 bytes

I did'nt change anything from the debian installation.

I'm trying this now with unstable version. the same problem

regards EWald