[ic] HTML in XML

Grant listbox at email.com
Fri Sep 26 12:52:14 EDT 2003

I'm still working on the IC/eBay integration (it's only a matter of time),
and I want to be able to use HTML in an item's description.  That means the
HTML will be passed to eBay via XML.  The eBay docs say:

###
The Description input argument may optionally be submitted using CDATA if
you want to use HTML or XML-reserved characters in the description. You
cannot embed JavaScript in an item description. Example of CDATA use:

<Description><![CDATA[<b>Brand new</b> toy truck]]></Description>
###

When I set up my Description XML tag it looks like this:

###
<Description><![CDATA[[scratch description]]]></Description>
###

and eBay gets [scratch description] as the description.  This is all
happening on a test page, and all kinds of other stuff is parsing jus fine.
Does anyone have any bright ideas that will allow passing HTML in an XML
request like this as well as allow IC tags to be included for parsing?

- Grant