[ic] Verisign -- please vote with your feet!

Chris Wenham cwenham at synesmedia.com
Sun Sep 28 12:38:43 EDT 2003

On Sunday 28 September 2003 07:40, scott martin wrote:
> Hi
>
> We currently have a merchant account with Bank America as a bricks &
> mortar store, who would you recommend, for a payment gateway & ssl
> certificate? We are in the very early stages of setting up interchange.

 Authorize.Net are a good gateway, and so are NetBilling. These are two that I
have experience with. Netbilling doesn't have direct support in Interchange
but I wrote a payment module for it myself that's here:

 http://www.synesmedia.com/twiki/bin/view/Cyc/NetBilling

 I've also heard that NetBilling has an "Authorize.Net emulation mode" so it
can be used with Interchange's Authorize.Net module, but I haven't tried
that.

 Comodo (http://www.comodogroup.com/) do security certificates for cheaper
than Verisign or their subsidiary Thawte. I have one customer who uses them
and is happy. The main disadvantage is that you need to install a new root
certificate on your web server, and it works in slightly less than 100% of
all browsers.

Regards,
--
Chris Wenham