[ic] manually setting the price in a form

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Tue Sep 30 11:08:13 EDT 2003

At 11:35 AM 9/30/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi - i've been reading around the mailing list and documentation trying to
>work out what i'm doing wrong but so far no luck. I'm trying to create a
>page where the sale price can manually be set.
>
>I've changed my CommonAdjust string so that it starts with a $. I've a
>field called mv_price in the form and am trying to set the price there,
>but it only ever comes up with the price from the database. I had this
>problem before but never saw it through to the end as the need for doing
>it went away.
>
>i've tried setting mv_UseModifier in the page and i've tried setting
>UseModifier in catalog.cfg. I've tried mv_price and mv_price0 in the form
>submission.
>
>I'm a little lost:(
>
>using interchange 4.6.5 (i know it's way out of date, but there are
>reasons why i have to continue to use it).
>
>My commonAdjust string is:
>$ ;"==quickorder:products:quickprice" ;"products:price"
>
>i found that without the quotes it wont read from the database *shrug*
>
>I have UseModifier mv_price in my catalog.cfg. I do not have an after.cfg.
>
>I am attempting to modify the order entry page in the admin section so
>that there is an extra field for price when adding a product. previous
>advice at
>http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-October/027484.html
>said to use an input box named [modifier-name mv_price] but that this only
>worked in an [item-list]. I want to add this field before the item-list
>section, so i can add the item with the new price, and not have to add it,
>then modify the price. I *thought* from the documentation, that
>modifier-name really just added a number after mv_price which is why i
>tried naming the field mv_price0.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>thanks,
>
>John

John -

Briefly, I have done this a few times in the past, by using a [perl] or
[calc] block, usually called with a form action, to insert a value for
mv_price into the particular item via the $Carts data structure. There is
info on perl access to carts in this topic:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictemplates07.00

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax