[ic] Quick Entry Sku

Christopher Wenham cwenham at synesmedia.com
Thu Apr 1 14:28:50 EST 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 14:10, Dan Bergan wrote:
> I have a "Quick Entry" field where I allow my users to enter a sku from
> our printed catalog and add it to their cart.  If a user enters an
> invalid sku, it just takes them to the basket page with no feedback.  I
> would like to be able to detect when they entered an invalid sku and
> give them some formatting hints.  In the error log I see "Attempt to
> order missing product code", but I'm not sure how to detect that this
> has happened.

 What code are you using to add the product to the basket?

 I would do something like just query the products table for a match. Like:

 [tmp quickentry][value name="quickentry" filter="sql"][/tmp]

 [query list="1" sql="SELECT sku FROM products WHERE sku = '[scratch
	[bounce href=|[area href=ord/basket
					form="mv_order_item=[sql-param sku]

Chris Wenham - Synesmedia, Inc.
516-620-4110 / 1-888-255-7573