[ic] RE: CVV2/CID and Authorize.net

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Fri Apr 2 02:09:08 EST 2004

Sergei Voyakin [svoyakin at hotmail.com] wrote:
> You are correct.  I ran a test and entered a wrong CVV number but got
> absolutely no error.  The transaction went through.  Where do I
> change the
> 3.0 to 3.1 mode in both, Interchange and in Authorize.net.
>
> Thanks again for your help

Doh! you deleted my reply eh.

In AuthorizeNet.pm find:

                    x_Version   	=> '3.0',
and change to:
                    x_Version   	=> '3.1',

Log into AuthorizeNet and go to: Settings -> Transaction Version -> 3.1 and
submit.

I know a really smart guy is doing some testing right now on just this subject,
I will see if I can help him this weekend. Feel free to send me your credit
card number to test with. Unfortunately my refundo-matic.pm is broken so I
cannot issue a refund 8-)

BTW when I was grabbing this snippet for you I noticed a CREDIT facility. I
will check and see if this will issue refunds without their CC number, that
could be interesting, especially for security minded people who DO NOT
take/keep their customers CC numbers. My assumption being, to issue a credit
from within IC you would need their CC number. You can easily issue a
credit/refund without their CC number within Virtual Terminal.

Paul