[ic] Help needed with table getting wiped!

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Apr 12 22:29:14 EDT 2004

Interchange version 5.0.1

A while back I added a table to my interchange store called prodimage.
The purpose of the table is to be able to display more than one image on
the flypage for a product, so the table has a key field called code,
plus it has fields for sku and image name (image).  it also has width
and height fields, but those are no longer used.

When I originally populated the table i did it directly in the
postgresql backend with data from another old cart.  Everything went
fine, and after tweakign the flypage some I was able to view the
multiple iamges for the various different products.  I just recently
tried to add a new image to the table from the admin interface (via the
table editor) and when I went to view the new product it came up with an
internal server error (500).  I tried to look at the prodimage table in
the admin interface and also got a 500 error.  In fact, just about
anythign that I do now with the table involved ends up with a 500 error.

Figuring that some data in the table might be causing the error I went
to look at the table in the psql backend and saw this:
# select * from prodimage limit 10;
  code | sku | sort | image | width | height
------+-----+------+-------+-------+--------
(0 rows)

Yipes!  There were hundreds of images in the table before and now
they're all wiped!  Fortunately I have a backup, so I restore from backup:
# select * from prodimage limit 10;
  code |   sku   | sort |     image     | width | height
------+---------+------+---------------+-------+--------
  626  | MISC276 |    2 | Misc270a.jpg  |   161 |    240
  1    | WR401   |    1 | wr401%231.jpg |   400 |    360
  2    | WR405   |    1 | wr405.jpg     |   400 |    360
  3    | WR407   |    1 | wr407.jpg     |   400 |    360
  4    | WROO1   |    1 | wr001.jpg     |   400 |    360
  5    | WROO2   |    1 | wr002.jpg     |   400 |    360
  6    | WROO3   |    1 | wr003.jpg     |   400 |    360
  7    | WROO3z  |    1 | wr003z.jpg    |   400 |    360
  8    | WROO5   |    1 | wr201%231.jpg |   400 |    360
  9    | WROO6   |    1 | wr006.jpg     |   400 |    360
(10 rows)

Okay, everything is cool now, we have the data back.  So I go to look at
the table again in the admin interface, another 500 error, check the
table in the psql backend and it's wiped again!

So after restoring and finding it wiped several times I am now at my
wits end, it seems like nothing that I do will get it working again and
anything that I do involving the table or involving restarting the
interchange server or applying changes wipes the table!  So what am I
doing wrong and how do I fix it?  or is there anyone who can even give
me a pointer in the right direction here?  I'm really at my wits end and
this is happening right when the cart is almost complete and we're ready
to launch it.  This cart is already way behind schedule and more delays
just isn't what the store owner wants to hear.

Any help at all is really really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Peter