[ic] Re: Unrecognized character \x7F

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Apr 13 20:36:04 EDT 2004

Quoting Rodney S. Foley (aalst at aalst.com):

It certainly does if the configuration can run. 8-) You aren't even
able to run the Makefile.PL.

Getopt::Long and every other module needed to install Interchange are
on every properly-installed Perl that is a high enough version for it
to run under.

> This is just my opinion, but seems to be standard practices in most
> development circles I been in.

As it is with Interchange.

> Where do I find out what libraries are required so I can see which ones are
> missing and get them installed?

If you can't run Makefile.PL, you have an improperly-installed Perl.
You need to install Perl, properly. Then it will run.

I didn't even consider answering up to now, because nowhere have I seen
any information at all about what system, database, Perl version, or
anything else in a post. That info is required to even begin to diagnose
something like this, and that is not only standard practice with any
software program but is prominently featured in Interchange's FAQ.

Interchange has been successfully installed on a dozen or more OS
variants on thousands of systems. There is no reason it should not
install on any properly configured UNIX server with a correctly-
installed Perl.

--
Mike Heins

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock