[ic] Search string after the '?'

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Apr 26 07:45:16 EDT 2004

Jan-Claas Dirks wrote:
> Well, I have German umlaute in my categories, so some links turn into
> /shop/scan/se=Geschirrsp%FCler/sf=kat/co=yes/su=yes?id=HgcSZiDF&mv_pc=10
>
> instead of
> /shop/scan/se=Geschirrspüler/sf=kat/co=yes/su=yes?id=HgcSZiDF&mv_pc=10
>

> Is there a chance to let the URL be like
> /shop/scan?se=Geschirrspüler&sf=kat&co=yes&su=yes&id=HgcSZiDF&mv_pc=10
>
> i.e. the search string appears behind the '?' thus preventing it from being
> converted?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that IC converts
every non-word character regardless of if it's before or after the ? so
moving the search specs to after the ? wouldn't prevent anything.

Perhaps I'm missing something here as I don't see a problem with having
the character converted in the URL.  Any decent webserver will have no
problem converting it back (only a broken or non-HTTP conforming
webserver or CGI perl library will have a problem with it).

Peter