[ic] navigation using categories and subcategories

Daniel Davenport ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Sun Aug 1 14:42:57 EDT 2004

...<snippage>...
> BTW, I bug I reported two years ago is still there... when running
> makecat, if you provide something other than /var/www/html as the
> DocumentRoot, for whatever weird reason, interchange-5 is still copied
> to /var/www/html, and so all the Admin Interface graphics are broken.

I noticed that none of the catalogs i created had an interchange-5/ folder
in them either.  I found a pretty good way to 'make' one, was to add an
alias to the site's apache configuration.  Since the configuration file gets
copied whenever a new site gets created, i have an /interchange-5/ without
having to remember to make the symlink or copy the files.  Plus, since it's
outside of catalog space, i don't have to worry about people trying to
delete the files or otherwise mess up the UI images.  The only drawback is
that people who know what they're doing can't modify the UI images on a
per-catalog basis; but then, none of our current clients fall into that
group anyway, so it's better if they can't change the UI too much.  :)

/me