[ic] ups_query caching

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Tue Aug 3 10:44:15 EDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 07:28:35 -0500
Matt Kerner <mkerner at showmeinteractive.com> wrote:

> I've been wading through the ups_query.tag code to figure out how to
> cache the lookup values so that the problem I mentioned in previous
> emails won't occur. We're having orders that show up with a $0 shipping
> charge (sometimes in the notifications/receipts, sometimes at the
> credit processor). My understanding is that the only solution to this
> problem is to cache the lookups from UPS.
>
> How exactly would I go about setting up the ups_cache table? I'm using
> postgres as my database.

Looking at the new demo "standard" in CVS shows me the following
catalog.cfg directives:

Database   ups_cache        ship/ups_cache.txt         __SQLDSN__
Database   ups_cache        AUTO_SEQUENCE  ups_cache_seq
Database   ups_cache        DEFAULT_TYPE varchar(12)
Database   ups_cache        INDEX  weight origin zip shipmode country

Caching is part of the ups_query usertag since May 2003.

Ciao
	Racke

Interchange Development Team