[ic] Perl ODBC

Steve icdev at mrlock.com
Thu Aug 5 14:05:17 EDT 2004

> At 07:59 AM 8/5/2004, you wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Re: IC 4.8.x, 5.x
> >
> >Is there a good way for IC/Perl to access a working MS database
> (Access, or
> >Foxpro, etc..) via some live odbc connection?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Steve
>
> It should be doable, with the machine hosting the Access/Foxpro
> database as
> an ODBC-compliant server, and DBD::ODBC on the machine running
> Interchange,
> and perhaps some other pieces are needed - and you are definitely looking
> at some significant programming.
>
> - Ed

Thanks Ed,

I've already accomplished this via php and a package call dbtcp, which works
nicely.
http://www.fastflow.it/dbtcp/  - it allows for live data lookup to any odbc
connection on the MS machine.
Although, I don't see much information on their web site regarding a perl
interface - it may be possible.

I'd like to do this in IC instead of PHP just to try to keep it to the
perl/IC platform - if it is not too big a headache.

-Steve