[ic] How to become a devloper?

Jon Jensen jon at icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 17 20:27:09 EDT 2004

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Bryan D Gmyrek wrote:

> How do I become a developer so I can cvs commit changes to
> interchange source?  The getting involved section on
> icdevgroup.org didn't specify.

Bryan,

I don't remember seeing anyone else respond to you, so I'm going to
answer.

There isn't a formal process, but essentially you start by contributing
bugfix or minor feature enhancement patches to the interchange-core
mailing list. Or you can discuss with us the design of larger new features
(to make sure they fit with the rest of the project) and then implement
and contribute them. If you contribute several good patches and are
interested, then we should talk about having you become a CVS committer.

Many important contributions to Interchange come from people who aren't
committers themselves, but occasionally pass patches on to one of the
developers they know.

Other ICDEVGROUP members may wish to weigh in on the matter too.

We look forward to your contributions!

Jon

--
Jon Jensen