[ic] shipping criteria question

Nathan Barnett nbarnett at specialty-books.com
Wed Aug 18 13:10:21 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 12:39, rbragg wrote:
> Nathan Barnett wrote:
> > I am looking to set up shipping so that it will use a flat rate when the
> > total items in the cart are less than 7 and use weight based shipping
> > when the items are more than 6.  For this I was thinking to set up each
> > ship method with more than one criteria.
> >
> > This is what I was thinking but its not working. I was hoping that if
> > the first didn't match it would go down to the next until a match was
> > found.
> >
> > GNDRES: UPS Ground
> >         criteria	quantity
> > 	min	0
> > 	max	0
> > 	cost	e Nothing to ship!
> >
> > 	criteria	quantity
> > 	min	0
> > 	max	6
> > 	cost	6
> >
> > 	criteria	weight
> > 	min	7
> > 	max	150
> > 	cost	u
> > 	table	Ground
> > 	zone	rates/457
> > 	geo	zip
> > 	default_geo	45701
> >
> > 	criteria	weight
> > 	min	150
> > 	max	9999
> > 	cost	e @@TOTAL@@ lbs is to heavy for UPS
> >

> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > -nate-
> >

> Hi,
>
> the "criteria weight, min 7" means that an item must "weigh" 7 or more
> pounds. I think you need to put an if statement in your checkout page to
> test how many items in the cart, then if < 7, use the quantity method,
> and if > 7, use a weight based method. Also the min's should probably be
> 1 for these methods.
>
> Rick

Thanks for the reply.

If I change the first criteria to weight the min and max reflect the
weight. As I have it now with the criteria as quantity, the min and max
reflect the total number of items in the cart. It seems that the ship
method uses the first instance of criteria for that entire method (based
on my trial and error).

I was hoping I could do this with one ship method. Maybe I should put
some logic in my store that chooses UPSGND_WGT or UPSGND_QTY and have
only one shipping criteria for each of those methods? If items are less
than 7 choose UPSGND_QTY and it will have a flat rate. If items are
greater than 7 choose UPSGND_WGT and use the rate tables.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
-nate-

--