[ic] AuthorizeNet sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Can someone please help me?

Sean Finkel sean at protollix.com
Sat Aug 21 19:48:33 EDT 2004

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:

> At 02:21 PM 8/21/2004, you wrote:
>
>> (snip)
>> Can someone *please* offer any insight as to how I might remedy this
>> problem? I am really at my wits end, and it's very frustrating for
>> both me the host, and our customer who keeps getting failed orders,
>> but charged credit cards.
>

> Sean -
>
> Last time I checked, CPanel maintains the system's Perl installation,
> and said Perl was subject to the signalling issue which is known to
> break some functionality in Interchange. The suggestions in the
> following post should help you:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-November/036191.html
>

> - Ed

Indeed, however we are not running CPanel now. This is a
compiled-from-source PERL 5.8.4. I will note we did *not* have this
problem under CPanel (though, we were using the default RH 7.3 RPMs).

With that said, I have switched to "rpc" mode as this seems to be a
suggested fix. We shall see how things work from here on out. Thank you
so very much for the help and link!

-Sean