[ic] AuthorizeNet sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Can someone please help me?

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Aug 23 02:07:02 EDT 2004

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Sean Finkel wrote:

> I am currently hosting a customer who is using Interchange. We started
> off with CPanel (I know, I know) using Interchange 4.9. I have since
> moved everything to a new server, and ditched CPanel. I installed
> Interchange 5.2 from RPMs (RHEL 3.0) after compiling my own non-threaded
> PERL. We finally got everything working rather well, except for one
> constant problem. For whatever reason, IC sometimes does not seem to
> receive notifications from AuthorizeNet that an order was approved or
> declined. In each case, AuthorizeNet successfully charged the customer's
> card, but IC reports that an error occurred. This is intermittent and is
> hard to duplicate. Some days, the customer receives several orders with
> no problems, and the last 3 days he has received four that have resulted
> in this problem. I ensured we had the proper modules
> (Business::OnlinePayment, along with the ::AuthorizeNet module).
[snip]
> Can someone *please* offer any insight as to how I might remedy this
> problem? I am really at my wits end, and it's very frustrating for both
> me the host, and our customer who keeps getting failed orders, but
> charged credit cards.

This sounds like the Perl signals problem that's been discussed on the
list many time in the past year or so. I've seen the same problem with
Verisign's PayFlow Pro and fixed it with:

"MaxServers 0" in interchange.cfg
"export PERL_SIGNALS=unsafe" in your environment before running IC

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation