[ic] Watermarking product pictures

Patrick Donker list-account at webpagina.nu
Mon Aug 23 16:28:01 EDT 2004

Gabriel Millerd wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:33:16 +0200, Patrick Donker
> <list-account at webpagina.nu> wrote:
>
>>I'm wondering if there is a tag that can be (ab)used to watermark the
>>pictures of the products we carry. What I'd like to do is overlay the
>>pictures with our shop name. I could of course do this manually, but
>>since IC is apparently capable of doing just about everything for me,
>>why not do this as well through some tag ;)
>>Any help is most appreciated.
>>

> * write an apache module that instead of /images/ is the location
> /water/images/.
> * use im/gd to write the water mark, save it in some sort of cache.
> * check to make sure /images/ isnt newer than the cache so old images
> are not used.
> * IPTC information could be written to add some sort of 'copyright' as
> well during this process.
>
> if this is something various people want i could do this pretty easily
> for you all.

If it is something you can make with no troubles I for one would be a
very happy person. I'm sure that this would be a feature that could be
integrated into some future version of IC. I can imagine that it is
something that could come in handy for other users as well as many of us
would like to protect their work in some way. Stories of ripped pictures
by a competitor are known by all of us I guess.
Thanks!
-Patrick