[ic] SSL CA

Barry Treahy, Jr. Treahy at MMaz.com
Wed Aug 25 10:47:57 EDT 2004

Jamie Neil wrote:

> rbragg wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> This is important info! I am not interested in chained certs.
>> Sometimes it is hard to do all the research right away! Also I was
>> wondering what the deal was with their "Warranties"?!? This seems to
>> lurk in the shade; Seems to me like you are signing rights away
>> rather than truly "trusting" them to present your to your clients!
>

> Perhaps I am missing something here, but I can't see why people have a
> problem with chained certs.

Well, in my case I had to change my HTTP server because it didn't
support chained certs, so I personally don't like them if nothing else,
because of that hassle and that these lessor expensive CA's don't make
that clear when they create the illusion of all of the HTTP servers that
are compatible...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr                       E-mail: Treahy at MMaz.com
Midwest Microwave                          Phone: 480/314-1320