[ic] How to stop zero cost shipping

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Thu Aug 26 13:55:23 EDT 2004

On Aug 24, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Stewart Barnett wrote:

> I can not figure out what to put in the checkout_profile that will
> stop the order if
> shipping is a zero cost. There is not much documentation on just what
> operations are
> available within a profile, but I know a simple blah=required won't do
> the job. There is
> an option in the shipping method editor that says "Allow to be zero
> cost", but it doesn't
> change a thing in the shipping.asc file.
>
> I can't be the only one who suffers this loophole. Any tidbits of
> wisdom?
>
> Stew

Mike Heins cooked this up for me a while back.

add this to catalog.cfg under COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE variable:

[tmp shipping_amount][shipping noformat=1][/tmp]
[calc]
	if($Scratch->{shipping_amount} > 0) {
	    $CGI->{has_shipping} = 1;
	}
	else {
	    $CGI->{has_shipping} = ''
	}
      return;
[/calc]
has_shipping=mandatory Zero-cost shipping not allowed. Please contact
us.

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/