[ic] Ask Jeeves frames - secure page issue

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 15:41:41 EDT 2004

It has been brought to our attention by one of our customers that if you get
to our site via the UK Ask Jeeves search engine then when placing an order,
the order page is not secure.  i.e.  rather than change to SSL mode the
order page is a normal insecure page.

This seemed an odd suggestion, but on investigation I found this was indeed
the case!

The problem is that when clicking on a UK Ask Jeeves link you are not
redirected directly to the website.  Instead, the website is embedded as a
frame within the UK Ask Jeeves site.  Basically you just get the AskJeeves
banner across the top of your website.  Very annoying feature!  I tested
www.ask.com and it seems that this does not employ the same "feature" - only
www.ask.co.uk

The URL looks something like this
http://www.ask.co.uk/ix.asp?q=the+search+phrase&ac=SHOP...&url=www.ourdomain.com

Anybody any ideas how to get round this - i.e. always make the order page
secure even if the website is embedded as a frame in the AskJeeves website?
Or better still, is there a way to bounce the page to the real website -
i.e. force the frame to be removed?  Thanks.