[ic] undefined catalog error

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Dec 8 10:15:43 EST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Tom wrote:

>> I found out what the problem was. In the /etc/interchange/features.cfg
>> file I had to set the line "Variable USE_FOUNDATION" to "Variable
>> USE_FOUNDATION 1". I guess this is a Debian specific thing...?
>
> I have a similar problem with the 5.2 rpm file on Fedora core 2 for new catalogs made
> with makecat. (The foundation catalog seems to be working fine)
>
> However I don't have a /etc/interchange folder for config, nor does it appear that
> features.cfg has been installed as part of the rpm anywhere.

The RPMs don't create a features.cfg.

Mostly likely you were root when you ran makecat, and now the Interchange
daemon can't write to the catalog directories for its status and log
files. Try doing (as root):

chown -R interch:interch /var/lib/interchange/your-catalog-dir

And then restart Interchange.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen