[IC] Search problem

Lars Tode tode at bpanet.de
Thu Dec 9 08:52:52 EST 2004

Hallo list.

I'd a problem with case insensitiv search using locale ru_RU.KOI8-R.
Guess it had to be a combination with IC, Perl and the locale enviroment of
the interchange user.

Product table is the products.txt (charset CP1251). Yesterday we converted
it to KOI8-R, but thats change nothing.

To test interchange, the server and the configuration, I installed a
Interchange 4.8.6 on a second machine.
Here the specification of the 2 systems :

1. (Real online shop)
FreeBSD 4.7
Interchange 5.2.0
Perl 5.8.5 (without GDBM)

2. (Testserver)
Interchange 4.8.6
Perl 5.8.0

Has anyone an idea?

Could be there some side effects?
Is it possible the catalog itself could produce this error? Or maybe the
catalog produce a side effect for that error.

To the interchange developer:
Is there a documentation about the search engine, that explained, how
everything is connected?